The Internet has become a very big part of our lives. It shapes our day to day schedule and even how we communicate. One such communications tool is Microsoft Outlook. MS Outlook is used by some of the biggest companies in the world who swear by its user-friendliness and features. The features include mail editing, formatting and access to journal, history and calendar. It is safe to say that Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular email clients in the world.
However, sometimes your experience can be less than perfect. Some error codes are known to crop up from time to time. One such infamous error is 0x80070057. The error 0x80070057 mostly occurs in Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2013.
When does error 0x80070057 occur in outlook?
Even though error code 0x80070057 is known to occur randomly. There are some specific situations during which error code 0x80070057 occurs.
- When a person clicks on send/receive button.
- When a person tries to connect with Microsoft exchange server.
- This error might also occur when you make a new Outlook 2010 profile on Microsoft Exchange server
The error code 0x80070057 causes havoc to the system when it occurs. Outlook client might freeze or you may not be able to send or receive mail
Causes of error code 0x80070057 in Outlook
Microsoft acknowledges the error but as mentioned earlier, the error code 0x80070057 is known to occur randomly. Still, there are some known causes for the error.
- Improper installation of Outlook client.
- Missing or corrupt registry entries.
- A computer virus.
- Incorrect setup of Microsoft Outlook
- Shutting down the computer improperly
- Internet connection failure
How to fix error code 0x80070057 In Outlook 2007 & 2013
There are some sure-fire ways to fixing error code 0x80070057.
Reinstalling the Outlook application
Incorrect or improper installation might be the reason for error code 0x80070057
- Uninstall Outlook
- Logon to outlook.live.com
- On the homepage, look for install tab and click on it
- Complete the setup process
This method works for most people. If this method doesn’t work then you can try a different approach.
One of the easiest way to get rid of error code 0x80070057 is by reinstalling/updating the drivers.
- Scan the system using any updating tool available on the net for free
- If the application is not up to date you update it.
- Restart your computer
- Outlook is fixed
Running Outlook in Safe Mode
- Close Outlook application
- Restart system in safe mode
- Launch Outlook
If you are not able to fix the code manually then we have some good news for you. There are lot of third party applications which help you to remove error code 0x80070057. These softwares scan the Outlook client and your system to identify possible issues. Once the reason for the error is found, the application fixes them automatically.
There are various free and paid applications available on the internet and you can choose one after reading the reviews and feedback.
The road ahead
We have tried to resolve error code 0x80070057 in the most cost effective and easy way. If one approach doesn’t work you are advised to try a different approach. We hope we were able to help you to remove error code 0x80070057.