CenturyLink is one of the best email clients in the market right now. There are different settings depending on if you want to use, IMAP, SMTP or pop3. In this write-up, we will take you through different CenturyLink email settings that you might need to set up email.
CenturyLink Email POP3 Settings
- In the ‘incoming server’ enter the following:-
- POP should reflect: pop.centurylink.net
- The port value should be 995
- When prompted for Security, choose SSL
- Outgoing Server should show:-
- The port value should be 587
- Choose ‘TLS’ if it is available.
- For username, enter your full email id.
- The server limit is set to 20mb by default.
- The ‘send to limit’ is 100 contacts
- If you are using webmail, the limit is set to 100 per hour.
- SMTP send limit is set at 500 per hour by default
- If you are using IP to send email then the limit is set at 50 per 5 minutes.
If you have used this procedure then we are confident that you will not face any issues in setting up CenturyLink using POP3.
CenturyLink Email IMAP Settings
The ‘CenturyLink IMAP’ settings are somewhat similar. However, there are some minor changes.
- In the ‘incoming server’, make sure to enter the following details:-
- Imap should show:- ‘mail.centurylink.net
- The port value should be 993
- When choosing a security type, make sure to choose SSL
- For ‘outgoing server’ make sure you have entered the following information correctly:-
Smtp.centurylink.net should be entered in the ‘outgoing server’ column. The port value should be exactly 587. Always use TLS if it is available.
- Make sure to enter your full CenturyLink email id, when you are prompted for the username.
- The server limit is set at 20mb by default, just like for pop3.
- The send to limit is also set at 100 contacts, you can also purchase additional limit.
- 100 per hour is the set limit if you are using a webmail service.
- When using SMTP the limit is set at 500 per hour.
- When using the IP based mail service, you can only send 50 emails per 5 seconds.
We are confident that after going through this guide you will not face any issues while setting up CenturyLink email. The settings might vary a little bit. If you are facing any issues, then please feel free to reach out to us.